American football is one of the best sports for getting an athletic scholarship at a school or university in the USA. American football is the most popular sport in the US and is present in most schools and universities, and American football is not as highly competitive as basketball or hockey. You will have a high chance of getting a good study offer from schools and universities in the USA.
In the trend wake of taking care of themselves, applicants give the main role to sports. And those students who have reached heights in a particular sport are trying to get a sports scholarship. To do this, they must demonstrate good academic performance and their achievements in sports and write a personal statement. And if they have problems with the latter, they turn to special services with a request – write my personal statement for me. In this way, they receive sample essays that they can use in writing their own personal statements.
The list of American football scholarships
- Athletic Grant from the Augustana University. Due to their generosity, they provide students with many scholarships. Students should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 while enrolling at Augustana in order to retain a scholarship. They award these scholarships to talented student-athletes.
- Joe Cribari Scholarship. They award this scholarship to a graduate of one of the Poudre School District-affiliated football teams. The candidate should show leadership qualities, perfect sportsmanship, and excellent football skills. Applicants must also have a GPA of at least 3.5 to be admitted to a college or university.
- Mike Lozano Scholarship. If you are a high school graduate from one of the 26 counties in the Texas Panhandle, you can get this scholarship. Remember that you should have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and must be interested in getting a degree in education to become a coach.
- Scholarships from Colorado State University. The university offers athletic scholarships for football. For student-athletes, needy and academic scholarships are provided. They offer athletic scholarships for NCAA Division I, II, NAIA, and NJCAA. Nearly 34% of all student-athletes get sports scholarships.
- Athletic scholarships from Fisher College. Athletic scholarships depend on recruitment by a coach. Also, the scholarships are contingent on meeting NAIA requirements. They will add the scholarship to the student’s account upon eligibility.
When preparing documents, you need to submit your achievements in football and make a short video with your best performance and training. Sometimes, you need to write an application essay. If you have problems with that, you can get help from essay writers. In this way, you can be sure that you will impress an admission committee with your essay.
How to get a scholarship
A few points should be mentioned right away regarding scholarships in the USA. The Internet is full of false information – it confuses students who are looking for cheap universities in the USA.
Very often, scholarships turn out to be insufficient to cover the cost of education. Therefore, the first thing you need to pay attention to, the scholarship is a discount on the cost of studying at the university and not full funding.
The second point is that the student also pays for accommodation and meals on their own – this is at least 12 thousand dollars a year, depending on the state and type of residence, so in most cases, the student needs to have at least 25 – 30 thousand dollars.
In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must be admitted to a university. The conditions for obtaining scholarships from US universities for a bachelor’s or master’s degree may differ, both in the requirements for the results of entrance exams and, for example, in additional scientific papers if you are applying for funding from the university for a master’s program.
Universities provide scholarships for different periods: students can receive a discount only for the first semester or year of study or for all four years of study. Revolving scholarships require students to meet the minimum GPA requirement each semester, i.e., not only show good grades from school at admission but also continue to maintain results at the university at the desired level.
Applicants often ask: do grades affect admission, is it necessary to take the SAT, and will documents be accepted without English test results? Students do not want to be nervous once again when passing this or that exam, but let’s look at what conditions the university sets, using the example of Oregon State University.
The university website states that the scholarship is automatically awarded to the student upon admission. The admission committee in the complex considers the package of documents for each student. On its basis, the university offers the student a tuition discount of up to $10,000 for the first year of study, with the possibility of extending the scholarship for each year. An integrated approach, the so-called holistic approach, is the standard principle by which the admissions committee of any US university evaluates a potential student. In this approach, the commission considers the followinng:
- Your grades from school
- Diligence in school projects
- What position you occupied in the class
- Grades from any other courses
- Any extra-curricular activity listed in the CV/personal statement
- How much you reveal the answer to one of the proposed questions in the essay
- Results of standardized tests, if provided by you.
Regarding test results, the university clarifies that they do their best to provide scholarships to students who qualify, whether they apply with or without test results. Test scores are not the sole or primary reason for a scholarship decision; they are treated as additional information in the context of your application.
Therefore, on the one hand, it is not necessary to submit test results, but we strongly recommend that students take them. Firstly, this way, you will increase your chances of obtaining a scholarship, and secondly, we recommend applying to 1-3 universities; the conditions for admission to them differ, so it is better to have a full package of documents at once.