As I continue my Top 30 visit series, we head over to the NFC as we go into detail with the NFC East & North teams. As I’ve mentioned, these visits are essential as they can give us a clearer picture of what teams may elect to do come draft time. Now it’s only sometimes the case, and teams have players they like that didn’t come to visit, but these visits still matter.
- Interview @ Combine: Jahmyr Gibbs RB, Rakim Jarrett WR, Xavier Hutchinson WR, Rashee Rice WR, Payne Durham TE, Tyler Scott WR
- Private meeting: Aidan O’Connell QB
- Met @ Pro Day:
- Top 30 Visit: Xazavian Valladay RB, Zach Charbonnet RB, Tucker Kraft TE, Jaxson Smith-Njigba WR, Dontayvion Wicks WR, Jonathan Mingo WR, Jaylen Reed WR, Cole Turner WR
The Bears met with many receivers during this offseason, which is a surprise since they have Darnell Mooney and traded for DJ Moore and Chase Claypool. It seems like that third or fourth-round range; the Bears may elect to go receiver to build on that depth. Depending on who they bring in could end up hurting Mooney or Claypool’s dynasty values. They both have been a sell for me since the DJ Moore trade. The Bears could also shock us by bringing a more complete running back to the team since D’Onta Foreman and Khalil Hebert have their limits. The receivers are going to be the most impacted by this draft.
- Interview @ Combine: Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB, Tyjae Spears RB, Eric Gray RB, Darnell Washington TE, Brenton Strange TE, Tucker Kraft TE
- Private meeting: Malik Cunningham QB, Joel Honingford TE
- Met @ Pro Day: Brian Cobbs WR
- Top 30 Visit: Hendon Hooker QB, Ronnie Brown RB, Chase Brown RB
Looking at this list immediately, a quarterback isn’t out of the question for the Commanders. I believe they are too far to get one of the top picks. If someone falls, don’t be surprised if the Commanders make a move. I hope they don’t since I do like Sam Howell. The Commanders met with many tight ends during the draft process. It makes sense since it was a significant need for them. Logan Thomas’s ability to stay healthy will make the Commanders potential to make that round two pick for a top tight end. This is interesting, but we all know the Commanders don’t like Antonio Gibson much. Grabbing a pass-catching running back in the draft is highly likely. Gibson is currently a buy-low option to see if he gets traded during the draft.
- Interview @ Combine: Hendon Hooker QB, Israel Abanikanda RB, Devon Achane RB, Jahmyr Gibbs RB, Tank Bigsby RB, Rakim Jarrett WR, Zay Flowers WR, Jordan Addison WR, Luke Schoonmaker TE
- Private meeting: Tyjae Spears RB, Tank Dell WR, Josh Downs WR, Payne Durham TE, Sam LaPorta TE
- Met @ Pro Day: Max Duggan QB
- Top 30 Visit: Dalton Kincaid TE, Tucker Kraft TE, Clayton Tune QB, Aidan O’Connell QB, Tanne McKee QB, Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR, Jalen Hyatt WR, Brayden Willis TE, Zach Evans RBs, Camerun. Latu TE, Kendre Miller RB, Zach Charbonnet RB, Darnell Washington TE, Xavier Gipson WR, Quentin Johnston WR, Jonathan Mingo WR
The Cowboys made it a point to meet with many skill-position players during this draft process. They are looking at a potential competition for the backup quarterback job. They have talked to many tier-two and three quarterbacks. The Cowboys could go any direction in round one with running back, wide receiver, or tight end. If the tight end is the direction in which they brought many of them for a visit, then the Jake Ferguson hype will disappear.
If they go receiver, it will be interesting since they have CeeDee Lamb. Brandin Cooks and Michael Gallup as the big three. Gallup could be on the move if the Cowboys are willing to eat most of his contract. Of course, the Cowboys aren’t going to leave the draft without a running back. The Malik Davis or Ronald Jones hype will also disappear. I bet three of their first four picks will be skill-position players.
- Interview @ Combine: Jahmyr Gibbs RB, Kendre Miller RB, Roschon Johnson RB, Marvin Mims WR
- Private meeting:
- Met @ Pro Day: Aidan Borguent RB, Andre Iosvias WR, Xavier Scott WR
- Top 30 Visit: Dorian Robinson-Thompson QB, Bijan Robinson RB
The Eagles continue to be linked toward a running back since their best current back is Rashad Penny. New rumors exist that the Eagles may trade for Derrick Henry, which could kill the need for a running back. I’d expect the Eagles to bring in someone to the backfield. If they go the Bijan Robinson route, then that takes away the value of Penny and Kenny Gainwell. If they wait and go with a guy like Kendre Miller, it may be a full-on committee, which we don’t want. Continue to sell Penny and Kenny Gainwell now. The Eagles did sign Olamide Zaccheus, but they did meet with some deep threats so that they could be an option for them. That move would hurt those prospects’ value but be great for the Eagles.
New York Giants
- Interview @ Combine: Anthony Richardson QB, Tank Bigsby RB, Rakim Jarrett WR, Tucker Kraft TE
- Private meeting:
- Met @ Pro Day: Sean Clifford QB, Tyjae Spears RB, Quientin Johnston WR, Tyler Scott WR, Trey Palmer WR, Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR, Tre Tucker WR, Andre Iosivas WR
- Top 30 Visit: Hendon Hooker QB, Clayton Tune QB, Kendre Miller RB, Jalin Hyatt WR, Jordan Addison WR, Zay Flowers WR, Marvin Mims WR, Luke Musgrave TE
It’s interesting to see the Giants bring in Hendon Hooker for a visit, especially when they just paid Daniel Jones this offseason. I doubt they will make a move towards a quarterback in this draft. Unsurprisingly, the Giants have been in contact with 11 receivers from this draft. I’d expect the Giants to draft one of the top five rookie receivers to gain that WR1. Zay Flowers has been floated around with the idea of him going to New York, so it’s an interesting situation to look out for. I’d expect the Giants to snag a running back in the middle round. A player like Kendre Miller would be great to back up to Saqoun Barkley or fill in if Barkley is absent.
- Interview @ Combine: Anthony Richardson QB, Quentin Johnston WR, Jaylen Reed WR, Antoine Green WR, Sam LaPorta TE, Tucker Kraft TE
- Private meeting:
- Met @ Pro Day: Evan Hull RB, Aidan O’Connell QB, Lew Nichols RB, Daniel Baker TE, Joel Honingord TE
- Top 30 Visit: Adrian Martnez QB, Hendon Hooker QB, CJ Stroud QB, Keanton Mitchell RB, Ronnie Bell WR, Luke Schoonmaker TE, Darnell Washington TE, Dalton Kincaid TE
The Lions are in a good situation in that they can bring in many offensive prospects. I don’t think it’s out of the question that the Lions don’t surprise everyone and select a quarterback at six. If CJ Stroud falls, I wonder if the Lions will select him. I expect the Lions to grab a mid to late quarterback in the draft. I know that Aidan O’Connell has been mocked there a ton. A clear need for the Lions is a tight end, and they have been connected with many of the top tight ends. One of them will likely end as a lion by the end of day two. I wonder if we will see the Lions select a wide receiver now with Jameson Williams suspended, but it wasn’t a significant need before that. Williams is also a great buy-low candidate to grab now.
Green Bay Packers
- Interview @ Combine: Quientin Johnston WR, Jaxson Smith-Njigba WR, Luke Schoonmaker TE, Tucker Kraft TE
- Private meeting:
- Met @ Pro Day: Tre Tucker WR
- Top 30 Visit: Hendon Hooker QB, Sean Clifford QB, Tanner Mckee QB, Tanner Morgan QB, Keaton Mitchell RB, Evan Hull RB, Lew Nichols RB, Dontayvion Wicks WR, Cole Turner WR, Ryan Miller WR, Rashee Rice, Ben Sims TE, Michae Mayer TE, Darnell Washington TE, Dalton Kincaid TE, Josh Whyle TE
It’s becoming more apparent the Packers will give their quarterback some skill-position weapons. Unfortunately, it’s Jordan Love now and not Aaron Rodgers. We see the Packers met with tight ends and wide receivers from this draft class. I’d expect the Packers to take one of each over the first two rounds. The tight end is a significant concern because they don’t have a reliable option. If they go receiver at the 1.13, that could heavily impact WR1 Christian Watson. If Jaxson Smith-Njigba goes, that could drop Watson’s dynasty value upside. It’s something to monitor, but I’d expect that to happen on day one of the draft.
- Interview @ Combine: Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB, Tyjae Spears RB, Zach Evans RB, Darnell Washington TE. Mohamed Ibrahim RB
- Private meeting:
- Met @ Pro Day:
- Top 30 Visit: Dewayne Mcbride RB, Evan Hull RB, Quentin Johnston WR, Xavier Gipson WR, Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR, Jordan Addison WR
The Vikings have met with the top receivers in this class. It will be interesting to see if one falls into their lap, which could happen. If one of the big four goes to Minnesota, that could heavily impact KJ Osborn’s value. It’s risky to sell because I believe in Osborn’s talent, and if they don’t draft a receiver, then you could be selling for short. Right now, a late second-round pick is an equal value for Osborn, but his upside is there.
If the Vikings draft a receiver in round one, that would then slide Osborn back to the third spot. I’d also expect the Vikings to move on from Dalvin Cook, so I’d like one of the running backs they met with to be at play to work with Alexander Mattison in the backfield. While the Vikings didn’t meet with the top quarterback, they are a sleeper team to watch out for if one of them slides down the draft.
Make sure you subscribe to the #NerdHerd, where you get exclusive content, dynasty/rookie/devy rankings, buy/sell tool, and a bonus podcast too. Dynasty Nerds also recently launched the #DynastyGM tool, a complete game-changer in the fantasy industry. Click here for a free trial. We truly are your one-stop shop for all your fantasy football needs!